Saturday, January 5, 2013

Time to put Christmas away.





My mind is focused on putting Christmas away. I love the holiday and 
its so hard to put it away after such a short amount of time! 

My husband and I go all out in making a Christmas with many traditions.  The most important tradition in our decorating is our tree. We buy a Blue Spruce every year. It is the only type of tree that holds up our heavy mercury glass and hand blown ornaments. Now, if you've ever touched a blue spruce you would know that it HURTS! Those needles are so sharp that they make you feel like you are getting thousands of pin pricks. We end up with scars and rashes up and down our hands and arms, but to us it is worth it.

TIPS TO MAKING YOUR ORNAMENTS ORGANIZED 
store our most special ornaments in metal tins, like the ones you get with cookies or special liquors. I fill them with tissue or the soft cotton use in our snow village. I never worry about them being crushed or broken. Some of these tins are pretty with nice winter designs. I almost feels like you are opening a present. 
The biggest thing is that we write the year and who bought it for us on masking taped on the boxes. Seems like a silly thing at first, but now some of these ornaments are over 30 years old!
Next, we
One more thing that makes our tree unique is the baby's breath. Each year we get a boquet and place little amounts throughout the tree. It softens the look and looks amazing next to the bluish boughs.

Well, today I spent the whole day putting my precious gems away for another year. Now, I am looking to keep some color and cheer in the house, so I've got my plants in bloom. I love Christmas, but I love Spring even more. So lets keep it merry and bright throughout the year!
Enjoy!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment