Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Candy Striped Amaryllis


My Amaryllis were amazing this year.  This plant gave me about 8 blooms and I had a bright red one that rebloomed from last year. I could not believe my eyes when I saw a little touch of green poking out of the bulb. I had assumed it was done but I kept it on my porch all summer, just in case. What a great surprise and an added bonus, my orchid did the same thing and I had several purple blooms. So, for the last few weeks I woke up to see a new bloom shining in my kitchen. I just wish they lasted longer. Still, it really gets me in the mood for this upcoming spring. I can't wait to see my plants in my garden, hear the baby birds chirping and the sound of the "peeper" frogs from the lake across the street. 
So, it is going to be close to 60 degrees tomorrow, it will be a huge tease. 
Especially since in was in the teens last week, but, I will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment